Texas Business Litigation Lawyer
Every business dispute, however minor it may seem at the time, has the potential to become a troublesome and expensive lawsuit. If you are facing commercial litigation, contact our firm to schedule a consultation with an experienced commercial litigation attorney for straightforward solutions that will work for you.
Our successful trial experience extends beyond personal injury litigation. We provide aggressive, intelligent representation for businesses whose rights and financial interests are being threatened by commercial disputes and lawsuits.
We Have a Successful Record Finding Resolutions for Business Lawsuits
Our broad perspective and experience in all areas of complex litigation benefit our business clients who are seeking to resolve disputes and litigation efficiently and cost-effectively. We use our experience to seek and find the right solution. The key is our capability for aggressive litigation, and our reputation for resolving disputes - with litigation as the last resort. We represent our clients in federal, state and local jurisdictions with sucess including:
- Breach of contract litigation
- Purchase and sales disputes
- Business lease disputes
- Property disputes
- Partnership dissolutions, business divorce
- Shareholder disputes
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Intellectual property
- Copyright and trademark litigation
- Employment disputes, compensation
- Trade secrets
- Theft of ideas
What Is "Commercial Litigation?"
Commercial litigation is a general term that applies to any type of litigation or controversy related to business issues. Examples of areas included under the general heading of commercial litigation include:
- Contract disputes, including breach of contract
- Tortious interference with contracts or business relationships
- Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) disputes
- Shareholder and partnership disputes
- Breach of fiduciary duty cases
- Disputes over corporate management and control
- Business dissolutions
- Employment disputes
- Disputes over non-compete agreements
- Franchise disputes
- Antitrust and trade actions
- Consumer fraud and consumer protection issues
- Debt collection actions
- Civil RICO (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organization) actions
The list gives you an idea of the broad scope of commercial litigation. It also provides an idea of how commercial litigation matters can range from relatively simple, uncomplicated matters, to highly complex matters that could take several years to resolve. Improperly handled litigation can lead to additional, unnecessary expense for you and your business. If you lose, you may be subject to a large damages award. In addition, even if you are successful, the amount of money and time you spent fighting may exceed the amount of damages you are ultimately able to collect. Further, protracted litigation can have a negative impact on the operations of your business.
Speak to a Commercial Litigation Lawyer
Any litigation matter can have a serious impact on your business. It is vital that you have capable legal counsel at your side, so that you know your interests will be protected. An experienced commercial litigation attorney at Laminack, Pirtle & Martines in Houston, Texas, can provide the advice and strong representation your company needs.
Find out more about:
- The Mechanics of Commercial Litigation
- Deciding Whether to Sue
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Types of Commercial Disputes