Richard N LaminackManaging Partner
Rick Laminack, along with Tom Pirtle and Buffy Martines, founded Laminack, Pirtle & Martines in 2006. Rick is the firm's managing partner and a nationally recognized trial lawyer. His practice covers a number of fields including: civil litigation, products liability, complex litigation, mass torts, and commercial litigation.
Rick received a Bachelor of Science degree from Lamar University in 1983 and graduated magna cum laude from South Texas College of Law in 1987. During his law school career Rick received numerous honors including election to the Order of Barristers, Order of Lytae, Phi Delta Phi Honor Society and President of the Student Bar Association. Additionally, he was a member of the school's nationally recognized mock trial and moot court advocacy teams where he won numerous state and national titles.
From 1987-2006 Rick was a senior litigator with the law firm of O'Quinn, Laminack & Pirtle. During his tenure at the O'Quinn firm he served as head of the firm's mass tort division which encompassed number of medical device and pharmaceutical dockets including silicone breast implants, diet drugs, Baycol, St. Jude Heart Valves and Vioxx.
Over the course of his career, Rick has served as trial counsel in number of ground-breaking cases including a record setting verdict awarded to the family of a woman who died as a result of her ingestion of the "fen-phen" diet drug combination. Rick also represents small to medium size businesses that have been taken advantage of or bullied.
Rick is admitted to practice in the state court of Texas and the United States Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit. He is a member of the Houston Bar Association, the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, American Association for Justice, the State Bar of Texas, and the American Bar Association.
Areas of Practice:
- Litigation Percentage: 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Texas, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 2009
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas, 1987 - J.D.
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Honors: State and National Moot Court Champion
- Lamar University, Beaumont, Texas, 1984 - B.S.
Honors and Awards:
- Texas Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters Business, 2007 - 2009; 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Student Bar Association - President
- Harris County, Breast Implant Litigation, 1992 - Present
- Chairman, Plaintiff's Steering Committee
- Silicone Breast Implant Litigation, Louisiana, 1996 - Present
- Special Trial Counsel
- Houston D.A.R.E. Corporation, 1998 - Present (Director)
- State Bar of Texas (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- American Association for Justice (Member)
- South Texas College of Law Advocacy Alumni Association (Member)