Rick Laminack, along with Tom Pirtle and Buffy Martines, founded Laminack, Pirtle & Martines in 2006. Rick is the firm's managing partner and a nationally recognized trial lawyer. His practice covers a number of fields including: civil litigation, products liability, complex litigation, mass torts, and commercial litigation.
Rick received a Bachelor of Science degree from L
From 1987-2006 Rick was a senior litigator with the law firm of O'Quinn, Laminack & Pirtle. During his tenure at the O'Quinn firm he served as head of the firm's mass tort division which encompassed number of medical device and pharmaceutical dockets including silicone breast implants, diet drugs, Baycol, St. Jude Heart Valves and Vioxx.
Over the course of his career, Rick has served as trial counsel in number of ground-breaking cases including some of the first jury verdicts awarding damages to women injured by silicone breast implants and a record setting historical verdict awarded to the family of a woman who died as a result of her ingestion of the "fen-phen" diet drug combination.
Rick is admitted to practice before the State Bar of Texas, the
In addition to his contributions to the legal community, Rick participates in a number of philanthropic causes including the Texas Lawyers' Assistance Program and the Houston Council for Alcohol and Drug Abuse.
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas,
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Honors: State and National Moot Court Champion
- Lamar University, Beaumont, Texas,
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Student Bar Association
- Harris County, Breast Implant Litigation, 1992 - Present
- Chairman, Plaintiff's Steering Committee
- Silicone Breast Implant Litigation, Louisiana, 1996 - Present
- Special Trial Counsel
- Houston D.A.R.E. Corporation, 1998 - Present
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- South Texas College of Law Advocacy Alumni Association